Our Services

Is this service for you?

We can help you with your legal problem if you are low income and you live in our catchment area. Please see the map below for the suburbs we can provide assistance in.

We may also be able to help you if you engage with services that are part of our health justice and community partnerships.

If you are not eligible for our help, please contact your nearest Community Legal CentreVictoria Legal Aid or the Law Institute of Victoria's Find Your Lawyer Referral Service.

What types of law can we help you with?

We mostly help people with legal problems relating to family law, family violence, fines, debts, tenancy, criminal law and victims of crime. For more information about how we can help with other types of legal problems, please see our casework guidelines.

Other services

We also educate people about the law and how we can help through our community legal education program.

Our catchment area

  • Melbourne City District
  • Docklands
  • West Melbourne
  • North Melbourne
  • Carlton
  • Parkville

IMCL catchment

Community Partners:

1. Ozanam Community Centre

2. The Community Space at 480 Lygon Street (Carlton public housing estate)

3. cohealth (North Melbourne Public Housing Estate)

4. Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE)

5. Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA House)

Health-Justice Partners:

6. Royal Women’s Hospital

7. Royal Children’s Hospital

8. Royal Melbourne Hospital

Community Legal Education Partners:

9. University High

10. St. Joseph’s Flexible Learning Centre

11. St. Aloysius College

12. The Huddle, North Melbourne Football Club

3. cohealth (North Melbourne Public Housing Estate)

14. The Drum Youth Services

15. North Melbourne Language and Learning Centre